chainsaws are fun

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Not In the Mood ...

I'm so tired at the moment .. and sick too - my mother has been coughing and spluttering everywhere and now I've caught it :o/ Throat has been on fire for the past few days and I'm just drained .. So am going to go to bed shortly, as I really need it ..

Been so out of it and extremely irritable ... hehe I gave a long list of people who consitute as idiots to my boyz --> JY had to tell me to chill :p Examples of idiots include the people (or particular person) who keeps leaving our sandwich press a mess with burnt stuff on it etc .. the list was rather long and I can't remember the rest ... ah, not a good day for me at all :p

So, what's been happening on my end? hmm, I've started exercising again - I've done bikram yoga 3 days in a row, which has been good .. I started it up again on Monday and it felt good in the class - I thought I'd lost flexibility, but I found I was more flexible than I was when I had stopped :p I think it's the fact I haven't done much exercise in a while, which causes muscle tightness ... My muscles were really sore afterwards on Tuesday though :p

I saw a physio last week - I have to take anti inflammatory pills and do some more stretches and continue to ice my leg .. my knee isn't hurting as much, which is good .. there are days where there's no pain at all, but then sometimes it comes back a little bit which isn't so good .. today was one of those days :o/ Just not having much luck!

I'm not meant to do step class for 2 weeks, but am hoping i'll be right by Sunday .. really itching to go to Robert's class (Syl's prolly the only one who understands) :o/

Last Friday, I had our end of financial year party. All I can say is that it was blardy awesome!!! I was a bit tipsy (darn workmates, keep trying to get me drunk) --> I had a couple of bacardi breezers (they were all free!), a malibu + pineapple and some wine all too quickly .. I was a bit dizzy walking down the stairs :p We had 2 levels booked out, the top for mingling and food, and then the bottom opened up 2 hours later for dancing .. they played lots of 80s music and I was sooo pumped!! I couldn't stop dancing! I was excited from the very start, and was clapping like an idiot everytime a song was played (well a song I liked, which was pretty much 95% of the time) .. My team assistant was amazed that I knew so many songs and was getting really into it - she was like "what year were you born?" and was amazed when I said 82 - she says I should have been born 10 years earlier :p My knee was aching at the end of the night, but I just couldn't stop dancing! I looked like an idiot, and my moves were rather cringe-worthy, but it was awesome .. much better than last time I went retro clubbing, as the music wasn't that good and there were lots of old sleazy ppl around .. we didn't have those issue last Friday :o)

Was disappointed as I requested Whitney's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" --> best 80s dance song around I reckon :p The DJ said they already played it, but I'd been on dancing when there were only like 4 other ppl on the floor, and they hadn't played it in the time I was there (they played "How Will I Know" though, which is another awesome Whitney song) .. Afterwards though, I thought about lots of songs they should have played e.g. Belinda Carlisle, Roxette, Billy Ocean etc .. Maybe next time I go :p They did play footloose, which is my other fave 80s dance song so I was happy about that :o) I've been listening to 80s music since .. it's all bringing up memories - like Escape Club's "Wild Wild West" --> I remember being at day care when I was 6 singing that song with the older kids :p haha

hmm think that's about it on my end .. going to hit the sack now! Wewt, it only took me a month to update this thing :p At least it's not as bad as a year :p

Over and out,
Andi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger