chainsaws are fun

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

"A Whole New World ...."

"A new fantastic point of view .......... "

Ah ... I watched Aladdin when I was away at Lake Macquarie .. I like that song :o) Except, I don't like Aladdin singing it though, his voice isn't deep enough :p

And that movie was much better than my choice of Punch Drunk Love .. I swear Matt said that it was a good movie, but this morning he said he's never seen it :p Ah .. everyone was nodding off and bagging me out for my brilliant choice in movie :p .. It was um .. strange .. interesting .. but definitely strange ... hmm don't really like dark comedies :p

I watched The Others as well on the Sunday night, which I thought was pretty good .. left me thinking a lot afterwards about the twist - I think I have to watch it again and try to work out the clues to the twist at the end :p

Lake Macquarie was good .. Too short though - the days really flew .. and it was a bit depressing as Banjo (Eileen's dog), who came along for the trip, is v sick .. It was only discovered the day before on a routine checkup :o/

The Port Stephens trip got cancelled Friday arvo as there were too many pikers .. *tsk tsk pikers* :p Ended up being only about 4 of us able/willing to go, so it was kinda pointless to drive all the way to Port Stephens when we could just spend time in Sydney instead the 4 of us ... So, I spent Bank Holiday at home which was kinda good .. I caught up on some much needed sleep - slept in till 11:30 :o) Haven't done that in aaaggess!

I played frisbee last night .. everyone was sooo annoyed with each other, it wasn't funny :p Ian wasn't there to bag out (:p), and we really needed him .. or just anyone - we had no subs at all .. I'm kinda used to it, but y'day was feeling really lethargic .. The other team, who are coming 3rd in the comp, had 1 sub (a guy) .. They were beating us for most of the game - at one stage, they were 3 up (6-3) .. They're a really good team, and whilst they've probably improved, we haven't .. We're a good team, but we haven't really improved much .. our cutting and stacking still needs improving, and I keep dropping basic catches .. I'm too complacent and I know I shouldn't be :o/

Our captain was having a v bad day y'day too and seemed extremely aggro at everyone - kinda like olden days :p But he was more angry at himself .. though I think some of it appeared to be angry at our teammates, and so some of them weren't too happy with him .. a lot of tension in the air in our team :p

And there was tension with the other team too .. One of the guys there was a bit annoyed that we ended up beating them .. cos when it came to shaking our hand after the match, he kinda just slapped it lightly and that was it - no proper shake .. bad bad bad sportsmanship!

And his gf was really loud and aggro too .. She couldn't keep up with Amanda, so she ended up marking Glenn, who was really injured (pulled a hammie recently) and so was only on the team for numbers (to make up the 7 required) - he couldn't really run ... And as a result, I got marked by a guy - Woody .. nice bloke, but literally 2 times my size in width and height .. so having him mark me was rather unfair :p But I wasn't really complaining that much, cos I did chat to him a bit :p And he didn't play extremely hard against me - ran a little less I guess cos he knew it'd be unfair otherwise :p

Anyhoos, that girl who couldn't keep up with Amanda kept yelling when she had to mark me .. I dunno, I'm not actually a fast runner but for some odd reason she thinks I am .. and so whenever she had to mark me, she would start yelling "I don't want to be marking this female" really loudly! hmm .. I didn't really think it was worth her yelling as a lot of energy spent yelling could have been transferred to running, and she could have easily caught up to me .. Im not a fast runner at all, and y'day, I really wasn't all that fast as my ankles haven't been feeling that good lately :o/

I only scored 2 .. could have scored more, but dropped an easy one in the endzone (my teammate had caught it in the endzone then threw it away to me and i didn't expect it and dropped it!), just caught one as i stepped out of the endzone, and stupidly waited for the disc to come to me, leaving enough time for Woody to run and block it ...

Playing bball tomoz, will probably play badly but oh well :o) Good exercise I guess :o) The bruise on my arm from last Friday actually looks heaps bad :p It still hurts a little bit, but the area that's bruised kinda spread and it's all brown looking :p was going to post a photo but decided against it :p

Spent last night listening to Lionel Ritchie's Back to Front cd :p hehe I like Do it to Me, Dancing on the Ceiling and All Night Long :p though I fell asleep whilst listening to it, so have to listen to it again and see what other songs on the album I might like :o)

Anyhoos, that pretty much wraps up my long weekend .. I feel bad about not doing anything that exciting y'day, but I guess I did need to catch up on my sleeps .. These long weekends don't come often enough and I think the next one coming up is in October .. my sista's wedding .. so will spend the rest of that weekend recovering from that :p

hmm a Whole New World reminds me of Lowell - think he mentioned it just over a year ago when we were both working at Wpac together - no idea why he was talking about it but that's Lowell for you :p (think it had something to do with Mindy but not really sure :p) .. I miss working with him though :p

"No one to tell us no, or where to go ......... Or say we're only dreaming .... "

4 Comments:

  • At 8:32 pm, Blogger ian said…

    *hides* .. yeh im totally avoiding u now. u mean BITs..

    actually it was my momma's bday. so i kinda had to go to dinner. i was also sorta sore from the snow..

     
  • At 9:20 am, Blogger Andi said…

    such a snob, Ian :p

    hehe that's coolies - a legit excuse (the mum's bday thing .. not the being sore bit :p) .. the Halls couldn't make it either (they were in Adelaide) and Rosie was sick .. I think we'll be better when we have subs and someone *looks at Ian* to tumble over and catch the disc "gratuitously", as Matt would say :p

     
  • At 9:29 am, Blogger ian said…

    im sore from this: http://bubblemix.net/uploads/movies/ianstack1.mpg

    ouch!

     
  • At 12:19 pm, Blogger Andi said…

    hehe ouchies :p but sif you don't tumble at frisbee like that all the time ;o)

    hehe you should see my bruise on my arm :p that looks ouchies as well :p

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger