I'm Sooo Excited!
Yay, we're in the finals! :o) We won the semis quite convincingly .. I don't quite remember what the score was, but we were in the high-teens, and i think the other team had only scored about 5 points ... We were playing Woody's team, they had played really well at the start of the season but lately, haven't been at their best .. I think they're missing a couple of their good players - I know that they used to have a girl play who was really really really good, and i'd hate having to mark her! But she hasn't turned up for a while ... hmmm
It was also the team with the girl who hates marking me, and likes to yell out that she doesn't want to be marking me --> but y'day, she wasn't so aggro .. in fact, she played quite well .. She ran half the length of the field to catch the disc and did heaps well .. Until she threw the disc up in the air, to celebrate her catch, as she thought she'd scored .. but in fact, she was about 3-4 steps outside the endzone :p hehehehe quite funny scene :p .. Her bf doesn't like shaking our hand either, he'll only give this flimsy hand tap thing, and I heard his fingers crack a bit as I tried to shake it (not my fault he didn't want to shake properly!)
So .. tis finals next week, and i'm nervous :p we aren't playing the team coming 2nd though, we're playing a team who are coming 3rd I think? They've improved HEAPS since the start of the season too, they're actually a really good team .. Am nervous because we haven't played them in ages too, so i don't really know what they're like to play --> I know that their girls are only in hs and make me feel so old :p But they run heaps fast and so i feel even slower :p But they're a nice team and have really good spirit, which is good to see! hehe my comment to our team last night was "what will happen when we lose?" --> ah, i love being so optimistic :p
I didn't play that well last night, but thankfully didn't need to .. Whilst my captain reckons I play better when i'm sick, last night i really struggled to run .. and had heaps of problems moving without coughing every 2 secs .. *sigh* ... damn flu! I scored 2, one which I fumbled and ended up catching with my head :p I thought i'd drop it, am used to dropping the ones in the air which I tend to fumble a bit cos they're a bit high up, but managed to sandwich it between my hand and head in the end :p I also managed to catch one of Josh's weird hammer throws, probably cos it went low this time :o) It was just short of the endzone, but didn't stupidkly throw it away, and we ended up scoring :o)
Am looking forward to basketball today .. am still not 100%, but better than last night ... at least i'm not coughing nearly as much :p Nice day to be outside I think, just hope the courts are free! :o)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home